LocationPortland, Oregon, USA
TypeRegular and Full Time
CompensationCompetitive Subject to Expierance
Education & Experience. Proven experience as estimator or similar position . Familiarity with financial and project management principles . In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas . Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset . Proficient in relevant software . Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities . Thoroughness and reliability . Excellent organizational skills . BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant discipline . Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) will be an asset
Position SummaryOur client is looking for a diligent Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics. Your will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. You must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons. The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouses or other venues
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Perform risk analysis
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, EPG is a global project management and engineering services recruitment company offering Project Managers, Construction Managers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Quality Managers, QS Estimators, Senior Superintendent and Schedulers across several specialized industries including Advanced Technologies, Data Centers, Semi-conductor Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical, Medical Technologies, and Oil and Gas Construction.
EPG is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. EPG complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. EPG does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.